At work, I have an open-door policy. At home, though, it's a different story: All I want to do is shut the door and curl up under the covers. My roommate once said to me, "There's more to life than hanging out in your bedroom." While this is true, there's also a wonderful universe that exists within your bedroom:
1. You have time and wherewithal for a decent DIY mani and pedi.
2. You get to listen to Spice Girls. Or put your latest song obsession on repeat for two hours.
3. You can steal a cold beer from your roommate's stash to go with your spicy Northern Thai order from Seamless, which you'll consume from a tray on your nightstand.
4. You can go hog-wild perched on the bathroom sink with a pair of tweezers.
5. You have the random motivation to scour the entire Internet for those navy suede over-the-knee Jil Sander boots.
6. You can try on a new lipstick and wear it around the apartment with your bathrobe just to see how you feel about it. While you're at it, you'll decide to curl your hair too–for no apparent reason.
7. You don't have to make small talk with anyone and instead engage in long, in-depth conversations with your inner circle via Gchat.
8. You can Google eligible bachelors (name + "girlfriend").
9. You want to clean and organize everything in your room and make it look just so... Until you realize that it's 1:00 a.m. and you'll just have to get to the shoes tomorrow.
Dammit. I can only think of nine things off the top of my head. He may have a point.