I stumbled upon an fabulous lingerie shop called Anne Sax when we were in Copenhagen over the Christmas holidays. When I peered inside the window, the shop itself was quite small but was bursting with a varied selection of silky chemises and beautiful lacy underpinnings. It was very apparent that whoever this Anne Sax was, she certainly had exquisite taste! The shop carries brands like Erès, Aubade, Andres Sarda, Cosabella, Hanro, and more. I even discovered an Italian lingerie label called Dana Pisarra that I instantly fell in love with.
Anne Sax herself was busy tending to another client when I wandered in, but I was helped by another woman named Dina who had cheery, fairy godmother-like disposition. Dina helped me build the foundations of a lingerie wardrobe to match my minimal yet feminine aesthetic leanings:
- 2 everyday bras (Erès' Lumière Lydia bra in both black and nude stretch jersey)
- 2 everyday briefs (Dana Pisarra's Parigi bikini in both black and nude ribbed silk)
- 1 sexy bra (Erès' Providence bra in black stretch tulle)
- 1 sexy underwear (Dana Pisarra's Precieuse high-waisted brief in black tulle with floral lace)
- 1 matching bra-and-panty set (Aubade Bahia Couture demi-cup bra and hipster thong with side corset ties in rose nude)
The whole experience definitely kickstarted a newfound love affair with lingerie. I keep these cherished treasures in silk organza pochettes with satin ribbon drawstring ties right alongside my basic, seamless Calvin Klein bikini briefs.